The Alberta Mini RoadRacing Association
We are a non-profit amateur roadracing organization that provides an introduction to the sport of motorcycle road racing to riders of all ages, gender and abilities in a closed environment with a focus on safety, camaraderie and sportsmanship, While maintaining operating capital in the interest of providing quality competition opportunities for our members.
The club has many classes to fit the needs and skills of all riders. Starting with 50cc bikes for beginners and the youth class (ages 7 to 10), expanding up to the sometimes-intimidating formula 80 bikes for the seasoned vet, we welcome everyone.
To promote amateur miniature motorcycle racing (up to 150 cc) in Alberta, for the purposes of recreation and fun, such that it:
- Provides introduction to the amateur sport of motorcycling and motorcycle racing in a safe, closed environment without the greater speeds of full-sized motorcycle racing;
- Fosters development and improvement of racing skills at all levels from beginner to expert;
- Provides an environment in which our young members can learn and be coached from our more experienced members;
- Fosters camaraderie and sportsmanship amongst its members;
- Promotes a positive image of motorcycle racing in regards to safety, technique and attitude;
- Provides the opportunity to participate in motorcycle roadracing without the greater expense of full-sized motorcycle racing, by operating in a non-profit manner that strives to minimize member costs while ensuring a viable, economically stable association.